Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by arlw »

This dealer in Japan has 4 CD's now up for sale---all are 2016 releases, has the Phoenix one and the rest--if you have the time, check out his Glen Campbell stuff. I didn't buy any but wanted to pass this onto everyone else. This is related to the previous post... :lol:

arlw

Post by arlw »

That Delight, Arkansas was never released on any album. I too have the Promo 45!

On another topic--here is one release of the new upcoming CD of Wichita Lineman--this is an import from Japan, but what I don't get is--the songs are IDENTICAL to the 1968 one!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-REMASTER-G ... Sw6n5Xu-vy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, "Beach",
Post by The_Beach » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:30 pm
And does anyone know about the single Delight, Arkansas b/w Walk Right In? I have heard of the Instrumental of Walk Right In but never the other one. Was Delight Arkansas ever released?
The_Beach
1969 - Delight, Arkansas 2500 (LA-350) & Walk Right In 2500 (LA-351) - Everest label. Promo on 45rpm.

Both are instrumentals, 12-string guitar, perhaps tracks that didn't make it to The Astounding 12-String Guitar of GC?

Good question about "Delight's" release; it is not on any album that I have seen. I hope I am wrong!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The Delight, Arkansas single was actually a rerelease under a different name of an previously released instrumental track. This track was first released on Horizon records as "Redwing". I has also been released as "Get the Bird Flying". It has been released numerous times on different albums.

1963 The Twelve String Story Volume 1 Various Artists "Redwing" Horizon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... _re-issues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

About Ballads and Bluegrass.... since 2012 we have seen a steady re-release of the Big Bluegrass Special album under many different names. Mostly as digital downloads but also in the form of CDs. In december 2012 the boxset Glen Campbell - American Treasure was released by Surfdog Records. That was the first time the Billy Dolton tracks and some of the early Crest single tracks were released on CD. Since then there have been other released that have combined the Big Bluegrass Special tracks with those other early tracks and some additional ones (like the Trophies and The Fleas recordings which were first released on CD in the 90s). All in all I think it's nice set because it combines a lot of early stuff in one package.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

About those mysterious recordings ("All The Way", "Blue Sky Shining", "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", "Didn't We", "Learning The Blues", "Pretend", "Rhinestone Cowboy", "Young At Heart" and "Colleen") that first appeared around the early 2000s on albums like...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinestone_Cowboy_(New_Studio_Recordings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

...I have not been able yet to track down when or where these recordings were made. I contacted Howard Kruger about this several times (Howard is the son of Jeffrey Kruger of The Kruger Organisation, TKO, who promoted Glen in the UK and released some of Glen's Capitol album on his own Ember label). Howard recorded and produced Glen's releases on Energy records in the early 80s. He is also the man behind the many rereleases of Glen's 1981 live album, some of the Love Songs tracks and the above mentioned songs. He said he remembered making a copy of the master recording but wasn't involved in the making of those recordings. The late Richard Price suggested that these recordings sounded like they were made live on stage with a complete orchestra (without an audience). The sound of Glen's voice to my ears at least point to a recording date in the early to mid 80s. But I still would very much like more detailed information about these recordings. Of course, Glen recorded similar versions of All the Way, Learning the Blues, Blue Sky Shining in 1979 with the Nelson Riddle orchestra. Those recordings were released in 1995 on The Essential Glen Campbell series. At the time Glen abandoned the whole idea after those 3 recordings. Then when Linda Ronstadt did the exact same thing in the 80s (she made 3 albums with Nelson Riddle) and was hugely succesful with it, he said he regretted that decision!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

And does anyone know about the single Delight, Arkansas b/w Walk Right In? I have heard of the Instrumental of Walk Right In but never the other one. Was Delight Arkansas ever released? https://www.amazon.com/Delight-Arkansas ... ampbell+cd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

New fro this year! Ballads and Bluegrass by Glen Campbel! Anything new on this that has not yet been on cd?

https://www.amazon.com/Ballads-Bluegras ... ampbell+cd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Well done, "Beach"!
The new CD is a MAJOR story for Glen fans.
Wow.
Of course, a comparison should be made track by track in order to be 100% certain.
Now more fans will have opportunity to listen to an album that had only been released in Australia, right?
Isn't this new one a German import? Arlw will know. Odd about the typos and the big question remains about the recordings' origins.
I agree with you: these tracks are awesome!
Thank you for uploading RC on YT and for putting this overlooked CD on fans' radar!

To recap:
Glen Campbell_Country Boy's Hits_Front.jpg
Glen Campbell_Country Boy's Hits_Front.jpg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 5890 times
Posted by arlw » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:08 pm
I received "For The Good Times" CD yesterday and also this one below which is, "Glen Campbell Country Boy Hits"--I emailed Dee as there are actually 2 TYPOS on this one! If you have a moment and own this CD, take a look at it and see if you can find it!
Ar

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. All The Way re-recording - Glen Campbell
2. Blue Sky Shining re-recording - Glen Campbell
3. Bridge Over Troubled Water re-recording - Glen Campbell
4. By The Time I Get To Phoenix re-recording - Glen Campbell
5. Colleen re-recording - Glen Campbell
6. Didn`t We re-recording - Glen Campbell
7. Feelings re-recording - Glen Campbell
8. Learning The Blues re-recording - Glen Campbell
9. Pretend re-recording - Glen Campbell
10. Rhinestone Cowboy re-recording - Glen Campbell
11. The Impossible Dream re-recording - Glen Campbell
12. Without You re-recording - Glen Campbell
13. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me re-recording - Glen Campbell
14. You'll Never Walk Alone re-recording - Glen Campbell
15. Young At Heart re-recording - Glen Campbell

Product Details
• Audio CD (June 5, 2016)
• Number of Discs: 1
• Label: Country Roads (ZYX)
• ASIN: B01DCVD032
Posted by Dee » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:38 pm
Thanks, Ar!
Two typos. I better try to get this one sooner than later.
Can't help but wonder if these are "re-recordings" that were never released or "re-recordings" that show up on new CD albums from time to time?
Remember that 2004 CD released by Glen with "new studio recordings"? See: http://tinyurl.com/hkyg984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps those "new studio recordings" of unknown origin have been re-released on "Glen Campbell Country Boy Hits"?
Curious.
Posted by The_Beach » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:30 pm
Yep they are the same recording (as "Rhinestone Cowboy Glen Campbell New Studio Recordings")! The updated version with more of a brass section sounds very nice in my opinion! Thanks for uploading the clip for me! The album is full of awesome very unknown recordings by Glen! What a treasure! It would be nice to know when he recorded all these tracks on that album! It would be hard to believe this wouldnt be considered a studio album and not a compilation if My hits & Love songs is a studio album. That has more previously recorded music then this album. That also kind of buries the new recordings a bit from some fans. Either way I am glad i found the album!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Dee wrote:Here you go, "Beach":

https://soundcloud.com/user-573836299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We anxiously await your verdict. :)
Yep they are the same recording! The updated version with more of a brass section sounds very nice in my opinion! Thanks for uploading the clip for me! The album is full of awesome very unknown recordings by Glen! What a treasure! It would be nice to know when he recorded all these tracks on that album! It would be hard to believe this wouldnt be considered a studio album and not a compilation if My hits & Love songs is a studio album. That has more previously recorded music then this album. That also kind of buries the new recordings a bit from some fans. Either way I am glad i found the album!