Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Cowpoke »

Well, you've hit on the big question. The way I see it, is that the first release counts.
I always thought the first one was the CD of that 2011 CD/DVD boxset. So every CD that came after that was basically a rerelease or repackage. However, Dee mentioned a 1999 release that I am not aware of and Arlw has that rather intriguing Australian release. If that is a legitimate release, it is of course the earliest. Arlw, do you consider it an official release?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:Well The_Beach, as a friend of mine used to say: great minds think alike! :)
I was thinking the same thing: IF we add an album with the audio of that concert at the Dome, it should be the first release!
Awesome! Great minds do think alike! Now all we have to do is try to figure out what the first issue of the albums was where the album was dedicated to just the Dome concert!?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well The_Beach, as a friend of mine used to say: great minds think alike! :)
I was thinking the same thing: IF we add an album with the audio of that concert at the Dome, it should be the first release!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:
Dee wrote:Thanks, arlw! If it is the Dome concert, then, darn it, this concert has been released previously:

January 21, 2014 Glen Campbell Love & Live

February 2015 Glen Campbell Access All Areas (with PAL formatted DVD)

1991 Glen Campbell Live at the Dome (this is the CD that was supposed to have 28 tracks but only has 14 -- Australian pressing)

1999 / re-issued October 4, 2005 LIVE GLEN CAMPBELL

and maybe...

April 10, 2012 Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy in Concert
Hi Dee,
I have heard about that Australian release from Arlw once I think. That must have been the earliest release of the audio track of that 1990 Dome concert on CD, albeit not complete. Arlw, can you tell us on what label that CD was released?

Anyway, from 2011 on Howard Kruger started to release the full concert regularly on CD. The first time was on a DVD/CD set called Through the Years Live - Ultimate Collection (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... Collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Dee, I am very curious about the release you mention from 1999 (LIVE GLEN CAMPBELL). Is that a CD or a DVD? On on which label was that released?

Hi Cowpoke!

I see the Dome concert was added on Glen's Discography fairly recently as well rightfully so! But i see the album they used to identify the concert is the British Live Series which isnt the first release of the concert! It is nice that it has been added on the Discography page but it should probably be the first official release of the CD album with just the material of that concert which is why i was asking previously on what was the first album release of the Dome concert so that could get updated.

Thanks

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Dee wrote:Thanks, arlw! If it is the Dome concert, then, darn it, this concert has been released previously:

January 21, 2014 Glen Campbell Love & Live

February 2015 Glen Campbell Access All Areas (with PAL formatted DVD)

1991 Glen Campbell Live at the Dome (this is the CD that was supposed to have 28 tracks but only has 14 -- Australian pressing)

1999 / re-issued October 4, 2005 LIVE GLEN CAMPBELL

and maybe...

April 10, 2012 Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy in Concert
Hi Dee,
I have heard about that Australian release from Arlw once I think. That must have been the earliest release of the audio track of that 1990 Dome concert on CD, albeit not complete. Arlw, can you tell us on what label that CD was released?

Anyway, from 2011 on Howard Kruger started to release the full concert regularly on CD. The first time was on a DVD/CD set called Through the Years Live - Ultimate Collection (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... Collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Dee, I am very curious about the release you mention from 1999 (LIVE GLEN CAMPBELL). Is that a CD or a DVD? On on which label was that released?

arlw

Post by arlw »

Editorial Reviews:

Glen Campbell's By the Time I Get To Phoenix from Capitol Records Nashville's storied catalog reissued on 180-gram vinyl. The album has been mastered for vinyl by Ron McMaster at Capitol Mastering and is packaged in true-to-original LP sleeves with restored artwork.

Released in 1968, Glen Campbell's By the Time I Get to Phoenix was also a major genre-crossing success, winning the year's coveted Album of the Year GRAMMY Award and topping Billboard's Country Albums chart at #1 and reaching #15 on the Billboard 200. The Platinum-certified album's title track hit #1 on the Country Singles chart and peaked at #26 on the Hot 100, and the song earned two GRAMMY Awards for Campbell: Best Vocal Performance, Male and Best Contemporary Solo Vocal Performance, Male.

Here is the 180 gram LP---hoping the other releases will also be 180 gram!!!! Dee, I guess this is the answer to your question!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Ar, thanks for your advice about the SHM-CD format!
I will pass on this one!
Dee

P.S. I really think you should go for this withdrawn Phoenix album! ;)

arlw

Post by arlw »

Here is another example for you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GLEN-CAMPBELL-B ... RTM2247626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love the LP--but 500.00!!!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
Don't believe everything you read--in all honesty, I can't tell the difference!!! Japan likes to use phrases like that to sell them! I have many CD's with that and I spent 2 times that and can't tell the difference....Just my opinion on that...

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for all the info, arlw!

Very interesting: on the Wichita Lineman listing, the seller states that the CD is "SHM-CD (SUPER HIGH MATERIAL CD)" developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan.

Has anyone listened to a SHM-CD? Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference in quality? Is it really worth the additional cost?

Thanks!