Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by arlw »

Just FYI Only:

I had the chance to check Amazon.com today for some Glen Campbell items--beware of some "New Releases" that are NOT new! That Christmas Feeling is an ok 180 gram record of which I will probably pre-order, but check the date of the " Phoenix LP." Even though it says 180 grams, this record is not a pre-order--I have this and it was released in March 2013-my write up from my collection is below. Just wanted to let the fans know that the CD might be new, but the LP is not! My copy is very unique!

Glen Campbell – By The Time I Get To Phoenix – ST-2851. This format is an LP and because it has been re-stored /re-mastered, this record will remain sealed for value purposes only. #509999-12054-14.Capitol Music from EMI. On the back of this jacket they have it originally released as 1966 which is an incorrect date! It should read 1968! Capitol Records LLC. What makes this unique is that it was re-released on 180 gram vinyl, which makes it a better recorded, better sounding record as the vinyl used is a heavier gauge, than the normal LP’s. The picture used on this record is the same as the 1968 released album. The write up is also the same. The spine part of this LP looks worn even though it is a brand new item! Release date of this LP was March 12, 2013. Editorial Reviews-Glen Campbell's By the Time I Get To Phoenix from Capitol Records Nashville's storied catalog reissued on 180-gram vinyl. The album has been mastered for vinyl by Ron McMaster at Capitol Mastering and is packaged in true-to-original LP sleeves with restored artwork. Released in 1968, Glen Campbell's By the Time I Get to Phoenix was also a major genre-crossing success, winning the year's coveted Album of the Year GRAMMY Award and topping Billboard's Country Albums chart at #1 and reaching #15 on the Billboard 200. The Platinum-certified album's title track hit #1 on the Country Singles chart and peaked at #26 on the Hot 100, and the song earned two GRAMMY Awards for Campbell: Best Vocal Performance, Male and Best Contemporary Solo Vocal Performance, Male.

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Wow i got that CD last week or so and never noticed that typo but mine is like that too! It is Clen Campbells best album ever! :D

Randy

Post by Randy »

Guess gotta cut back where you can and save ink or something. Makes ya appreciate the good ole Capitol (let's see capitol, not capital right lol) record days where you could buy a 45rpm vinyl for less than a buck and still get correct spelling. :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

I should have checked with you both (Cowpoke and Ar) first before I returned that "Dome" CD.
"Guess I'm Dumb"! :oops:

Yes, I agree, Ar, thank you -- we had obviously posted about this CD previously (2013?) and my info had come from you at the time I had bought the CD and saw that the track list and CD's list didn't match. Thanks for posting your full description again.

Dee

P.S. I received the Clen Campell CD today! Talk about misprints, as you had noticed, Ar. Unfortunately, the CD case arrived broken, so it is on its way back to amazon. I did order a replacement because this is one very special CD recorded by "good ol' what's his name"!
IMG_6998.JPG
IMG_6998.JPG (76.12 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

I am with you Cowpoke--I would have kept it as well. I have that in my collection and Dee-I believe I wrote what you posted!! Here is MY write up.

Glen Campbell – Live At The Dome – Rare 28 track live CD from 1991. This is an Australian Pressing on the CEL label. C-901282. Under license from Henry Hadaway Organization and Castle Communications Limited. Distributed by Video-Sell-Thru Australia PTY Limited-Members of the ComCorp Group. This CD is supposed to have 28 tracks and on the CD itself, there are only 14 listed! It is Glen Campbell-Live At The Dome from Australia, but this is a misprinted CD, as there are only 14 tracks on here and they don’t even match the back of the CD case! Castle Communications released this in 1991 with full artwork, the correct title, the correct number, but the CD doesn’t contain what is written on the case. The CD might have value out of curiosity item! Many people collect misprinted CD’s and this is definitely one of them! This is the only copy of Live At The Dome on a CD that was released, and it should have been released on 2 CD’s, not 1! It should have been a double CD set, but it’s not. This CD is a misprint from Australia. The CD/case are in excellent condition-what a concert this is-it’s a shame it wasn’t released the way it is mentioned on the case of the CD, as the 28 tracks listed are fabulous but nowhere to be found on this CD!. Because this CD was misprinted and was released this way from Australia, makes this CD quite rare to have. It might be of some value because of this mistake on their part. This CD is listed anyway as it does contain 14 tracks but for a unique item only, no other purpose!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

You... returned it? :cry:

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Exactly, Cowpoke. The two didn't match. I wish I had scanned the front of the jewel case cover that also had the title "Live at the Dome".
Of course, I returned this CD to the seller so I can't give you an answer here!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Dee, thanks so much for posting this. Very interesting! You know what I noticed: the tracks on the CD are not a subset of the songs listed on the back cover, it's a complete different concert! The CD tracks are from Glen's 1981 concert, the tracks on the back cover are from Glen's 1990 concert at the Dome!

This must be a very rare misprint. Now the question is: what tracks do you HEAR when you listen to the CD? The 1981 concert, the 1990 concert or yet another concert? :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

I am looking at the 28-track list and am noticing all the signs of a bootleg (imo):
"Galveston" is spelled "Galvestone".
Jimmy Webb's name was printed as "Webb", without a first name or the initial for his first name.
Australia is misspelled in the center bottom credit.
The Beach Boys Medley is not listed as a medley but as individual songs.
What is track 24? "Incidental Music"?
The "A" was left out of "A Thing Called Love".
"Highway Man" is misspelled with two words instead of "Highwayman"

Very curious!

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Cowpoke,
I was referring to a DVD: Live Glen Campbell (1999, reissued 2005), the Dome Concert. My bad.
But I also have CDs with Live Glen Campbell as the title, but not from 1999.

I thought I had scanned the Dome CD I had purchased from an Australian seller. I know I had posted about it on the old forum and have been digging around in the archives to find that post.
Basically, the Dome CD was listed for sale as having 28 tracks (the jewel case front or back cover may also have stated this same #). When I received the CD, it only had 14 tracks. I thought I was either missing a second CD or had a bootleg in my hands. So, I returned it to the seller for a refund. I later learned the following information from someone on the forum (maybe Arlw?) and wrote the seller the following message:
I heard back again from 1 of Glen Campbell’s discographers. This is what he had to say: “Glen Campbell’s Live At The Dome” from 1991 is an Australian release by CEL label. C-901282. Under license from Henry Hadaway Organization and Castle Communications Limited. This CD is supposed to have 28 tracks and on the CD itself, there are only 14 listed. This is a misprinted CD, as there are only 14 tracks on it and the tracks do not match the back of the CD case. This might make the CD quite rare to own because of the company’s mistake; some collectors look for misprinted CDs. This is the only copy of Live At The Dome on a CD that was released. It should have been released as a double set but it was not. The CD itself is a misprint from Australia’s CEL label. (Again, I apologize and hope you can sell the CD to a collector.)
Oh, okay, now I have found the scanned copy I had made three years ago. I had scanned the back cover and the CD to send to the seller to explain why I had an issue with this CD! Scanned as a PDF (which I can't post here)! Let's see if this image capture works!
GC_Live at the Dome_gcf.jpg
GC_Live at the Dome_gcf.jpg (203.34 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Close-up:
Dome CD_closeup-gcf.jpg
Dome CD_closeup-gcf.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Could this be the first CD of "Glen Campbell Live at the Dome"?

-Dee