Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Sure, Cowpoke!
There are no close-up shots of any of the wrecking crew band members, if I remember correctly.

On an old forum, I seem to remember reading a great post by arlw with very specific tips about when Glen can be seen in TAMI.
Ar, your write-up greatly helped me to find GC on the DVD release about 6 years ago!
Could you possibly share it with us again?
If you don't have it, I can probably find it on a backup copy on the server.

I would check out the new blu-ray (with TWO films including TAMI) to see if GC can be seen more clearly but first Santa needs to drop a blu-ray player down the chimney this year! (I, um, hadn't realized blu-ray discs do not play on PCs until I tried to do so a couple of weeks ago. No TAMI; just NADA. :cry: )

Here is a NEW preview vid from Shout! Factory and it does a good job of sharing the excitement during this rocking and rolling concert! The film looks better than ever! Love seeing Petula Clark, Ray Charles and others in this clip!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for all your posts about this TAMI show. Question: can Glen be seen at all on this DVD? I remember going through it (was it ever on youtube perhaps) but I don't remember seeing Glen. Just wondering...

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
I got my LP today: My write up as well.

Glen Campbell/That Christmas Feeling-ST-2978- This LP was just re-released on Vinyl on September 23, 2016. The Label is Capitol Nashville. The original release of this album was over 40 years ago, so they have re-mastered this record. It is not 180 gram, but nice to know that they re-did with today’s technology. This classic holiday album by legendary Capitol recording artist Glen Campbell features many contemporary Christmas favorites as well as traditional holiday standards. Available on vinyl for the first time in over 40 years. The picture on this release is a little lighter in color than the original back in 1968! Capitol/Ume- A Universal Music Company is listed and credited on the back jacket. This will remain sealed for value purposes only. Also on the back it is the date- 2016 Capitol Records Nashville. Distributed by Universal Music Distribution. On the Spine of this LP is B0025189-01- and this is also listed on the back, as this is licensed by Capitol Records Nashville but has been re-released with permission by Universal Music Enterprises. (6-02547-95778-8). The LP is Arranged and Conducted by Al de Lory. This LP would have really been awesome if they had re-released/re-mastered it in 180 gram vinyl, but still a great collector’s item.

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw recently purchased the Japanese release of Big Bad Rock Guitar of Glen Campbell (posted below) as well as these three NEW Japanese releases on SHM-CD each with the Japanese OBI.
Looking forward to reading arlw's review of these recordings.
What is SHM-CD format? According to Wikipedia:
SHM-CD is a digital optical disc data storage manufacturing process. It is an improved compact disc product with the greatest change being a different polycarbonate material that allows more precise physical representation of stored bits during pressing and less laser scatter during reading. These improvements aim to facilitate playback by producing fewer errors and potentially better sound quality. SHM-CDs are played on a standard CD player. This process was developed in Japan by Universal Music Japan and JVC.

Thanks, arlw!
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_WL.jpg
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_WL.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_Phoenix.jpg
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_Phoenix.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_Gentle.jpg
Glen Campbell_2016_Japanese Release_Gentle.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 5936 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ar and all --
I received UMe's reissue of "That Christmas Feeling" on vinyl today.
This is just a guess based on the feel of the weight of the new sealed vinyl album. I don't believe it is 180g vinyl.
It is lighter in comparison to the 180g Phoenix vinyl that was released maybe a year or two ago?
The official press release states nothing about "remastering", "180g", etc.
Unless I hear otherwise (and will let you all know if I do), I will likely return the reissue to the retailer because it appears to be no different from the original release.
One small difference: there is a slight color variation in the album cover -- the new one appears to be less warm, less brown/red than the one I bought in 1968. See below.
This is the press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 33383.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ORIGINAL
Original_Google Images_That Christmas Feeling-gcf.jpg
Original_Google Images_That Christmas Feeling-gcf.jpg (96.29 KiB) Viewed 5959 times
REISSUE (pictured with Merle Haggard's reissue)
That Christmas Feeling_2016-09-23-gcf.png
That Christmas Feeling_2016-09-23-gcf.png (361.13 KiB) Viewed 5959 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

T.A.M.I.-gcf.jpg
T.A.M.I.-gcf.jpg (67.96 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
Shout! Factory will be releasing a Collectors Edition of the landmark rock concert "T.A.M.I. Show" (along with "The Big T.N.T. Show") on Blu-ray on December 2, 2016! A two-for-one! (Available in US/Canada)
One of the most acclaimed rock events ever captured on film, the 1964 concert known as T.A.M.I. Show ... featured performances by several future Rock and Roll Hall of Famers. In a lineup like no other, the Rolling Stones, James Brown, the Beach Boys, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, the Supremes, Chuck Berry, Lesley Gore and others took the stage one after another on October 29 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.

Aside from the five rock groups, all the performers were backed by a band that we've come to know as the Wrecking Crew, famed for playing on Phil Spector-produced hits, Beach Boys albums and much more, with future stars Glen Campbell and Leon Russell, among others. Fanita James, Jean King, and future solo star Darlene Love, billed as The Blossoms, provided backing vocals.
See SF's site for a trailer and also a goodies announcement: https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film- ... -s-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Details:
Resolution: 1080p
Original aspect ratio
Blu-ray Disc
Region A (B, C untested by the website listed below)
Mastered from a new High-Definition transfer
Special Features:
Interview with T.A.M.I. Show director Steve Binder
New interviews with The Big T.N.T. Show performers Petula Clark, Henry Diltz and John Sebastian
Commentary by T.A.M.I. Show director Steve Binder
Original T.A.M.I Show/The Big TNT Show radio spots
36-page booklet featuring detailed essays by Don Waller and rare photos and memorabilia
(From: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ar, I should be able to post whether or not it is 180g by tomorrow evening if "That Christmas Feeling" arrives on the time schedule sent to me by an online retailer today.
(The Phoenix reissue on 180g did not state this info on the album, but it is noticeably heavier than the original issue on vinyl. Also, its original marketing descriptions were very clear about Phoenix's premium vinyl.)
I did find a site on the net that described this album as a limited edition, but it did not specify the number of vinyls produced.
Let us know if the remastered CDs from Japan are appreciably better audio-wise. I am very curious about the sound!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

I pre-ordered that LP from Amazon--Glen Campbell-"That Christmas Feeling"--I am trying to figure out if it's also 180 gram vinyl....I know the Phoenix one is but if anyone knows, let me know and thank you.

The CD's that have been re-mastered and released for 2016-I bought from Japan as they are sealed and all come with the OBI Strip down the side:

The Big Bad Rock Guitar of Glen Campbell
Wichita Lineman
Gentle on my Mind
By the Time I Get to Phoenix.

If anyone knows about that Xmas release LP, post it here so others can also see it...

arlw

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke,
I saw that as well- That DVD is already out for those outside the United States--For those in the states, Region 2 will not play, unless you own a DVD that is also PAL Version.

Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
Number of discs: 1
Classification: Exempt
Studio: Simply Media
DVD Release Date: 23 May 2016

Enjoy this for those that didn't buy it yet :lol:

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Arlw for the information! Your collection is as infinite as Glen's discography... :)

A stupid question perhaps... but did we notice that a PAL version of I'll Be Me was released on DVD earlier this year? Meaning UK and European fans can now watch it too?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glen-Campbell- ... ampbell%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...