Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Arlw, thanks again for the photos you shared of the new Glen Campbell "Rhinestone Cowboy Live" picture disc.
After seeing your photos posted here, I decided to stretch the budget and purchase one from a small store dealer on amazon for $19.99 + free shipping.
The disc arrived this week and it is outstanding! The images on both sides of the vinyl LP are beautifully done (imo). The colors are deeper than I had expected.
Of course I will never play it.
Should this record be added to Glen's compilation LP discography?
Thanks again for sharing your photos with us!
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Great picture disc Dee/arlw. I always loved that shirt Glen wore for the concert. Back then Glen always had great outfits.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for the photos, Arlw and Dee! Very cool. Is a picture disc usually only printed on one side?

And to Mike: I am a fan of Alison Krauss as well. I bet her cover is awesome.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

This is a follow-up to the new "Rhinestone Cowboy Live" picture disc that was just released on January 20, 2017.
Thought you all would enjoy photos of this new reveal: the LP is a double-sided picture disc! A huge thank you to Arlw for sharing this information!
Always on the line, Arlw has already received and framed her disc, and gave me the okay to post photos of it on display at her home. Thanks, Arlw!
The first 2 pics are Arlw's. The other photos include both Side A and Side B.
Appears to be a nice production by the Goldenlane label but more expensive than the LP picture discs released by Surfdog Records last year.

(You may need to double click or scroll to view the first two pictures which are large jpgs.)
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_1-gcf.jpg
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_1-gcf.jpg (115.14 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_2-gcf.jpg
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_2-gcf.jpg (270 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
2017 RC Picture Disc 1.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 1.jpg (52.69 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
2017 RC Picture Disc 2.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 2.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
2017 RC Picture Disc 3.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 3.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
2017 RC Picture Disc 4.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 4.jpg (104.35 KiB) Viewed 6514 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well, it's the Live at the Dome album... or at least a part of it. Nothing new but the idea of a picture disc is nice.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Ar!
It is not the same ol', same ol', is it?
Happy Early Birthday!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
Here is the track listing on that-- I think the release date is Jan. 20, 2017--one day after my b-day!!! I need to pre-order this as well--what I found out is the LP is the only way this will be released!!

Editorial Reviews

Limited picture disc vinyl LP pressing of this live recording by the country/pop legend. Includes performances of some of his finest tracks including "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Wichita Lineman," "Galveston," "Gentle On My Mind," "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" and more. During his 50 years in show business, Glen Campbell has released more than 70 albums. He has sold 45 million records and accumulated 12 RIAA Gold albums, four platinum albums and one double-platinum album. He has placed a total of 80 different songs on either the Billboard Country Chart, Billboard Hot 100, or the Adult Contemporary Chart, of which 29 made the Top 10 and of which nine reached #1 on at least one of those charts.

Track Listings

Disc: 1

1. Rhinestone Cowboy

2. Galveston

3. By the Time I Get to Phoenix

4. Try a Little Kindness

5. Wichita Lineman

6. Gone, Gone, Gone

7. 1. I'm a One-Woman Man

8. 2. Orange Blossom Special

9. 3. the Highwayman

10. 4. Amazing Grace

11. 5. Mull of Kintyre

12. 6. Gentle on My Mind

Product Details

Vinyl (January 20, 2017)
Limited Edition
Number of Discs: 1
Format: Limited Edition, Live
Label: Goldenlane
ASIN: B01N8VYLIG

Dee

Post by Dee »

This is an image of the new picture disc vinyl LP pressing of the live Rhinestone Cowboy album (released a zillion times in other formats) available next month on the 17th. Arlw had previously alerted us to this new limited edition collectible. It is more of a collector's item than a sound recording; picture discs do not typically have stellar sound.

You can find it on the larger online retail sites.
Rhinestone Cowboy Live_Picture Disc_Limited Edition_Jan 2017-gcf.jpg
Rhinestone Cowboy Live_Picture Disc_Limited Edition_Jan 2017-gcf.jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 6341 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks both Dee and Arlw for this information! I will try and get a screenshot of Glen.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Found Arlw's post about Glen and T.A.M.I., Cowpoke.

Ar, I thought this download would save you some time, too.
You wrote this description for T.A.M.I. almost exactly four years ago. Can you believe it?
Thank you again for your meticulous record keeping!
Dee

Glen Campbell on the T.A.M.I. Show, 1964:
2012-Nov 24_Arlw's Description of GC and T.A.M.I._copyrighted 2016_GlenCampbellForums On The Net.jpg
2012-Nov 24_Arlw's Description of GC and T.A.M.I._copyrighted 2016_GlenCampbellForums On The Net.jpg (154.54 KiB) Viewed 5980 times