Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

* JIMMY WEBB * SESSION WORK * NEW ALBUM "ADIOS" * GLEN ON YOUTUBE * AND MORE!

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Dunno, jay. What is a "TR"?

I hope you can find the backstory on this guitar.
We had posted an article a year or more ago in which Jimmy Webb mentioned he obtained the last GC (?) Ovation guitar produced prior to the closing of the Ovation factory and later Glen had signed it for him. Glen was still able to sign his signature at that time. Agreed: the upside down signing is a bit curious! Here's a wild guess: perhaps Glen had already signed the guitar, then later posed as if he were signing it for a photo. It's odd that the left side of this photo is blurred or faded out, you think?

By the way, to set the record straight, Glen Campbell covered "Everybody's Talkin'" on The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour on his Hawaiian episode broadcast Wednesday, October 19, 1971. This '71 performance pre-dates Glen's cover of the song on "The Very First Glen Campbell Television Special", NBC, Sept. 16, 1973, with guests Sonny & Cher among others. (Note: Although titled "The Very First...", it was actually Glen's 2nd special for NBC. The first special was "The Campbells Are Coming", May 10, 1973.)

This is the Goodtime Hour performance on video that I had uploaded and posted last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5bKdM7eSls

I actually prefer Glen's cover on Adiós. :)
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby jay » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:15 pm

I cannot figure out that picture...it is almost like a mixture of a young and old glen ... a morphing picture...and they took "Rickenbacker" off the TR cover. weird...really odd.
And what is with the signatures all over the guitar with the pen in Glen's hand? Can he sign his name upside down?
jay

Postby Dee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Read all about Glen Campbell's surprising final studio album below!
Listen to the first track on the new album, too!

Cover photo shared from Glen Campbell (Official) on facebook:

Glen Campbell Official on Facebook_Cover Photo_ADIOS Announcement.jpg
Glen Campbell Official on Facebook_Cover Photo_ADIOS Announcement.jpg (120.68 KiB) Viewed 212 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:44 pm

This image is hot off of arlw's press as well as an editorial review! More information below!
Thank you, Ar!

Glen Campbell_Adios_Final Studio Album-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_Adios_Final Studio Album-gcf.jpg (54.64 KiB) Viewed 224 times

Editorial Review
Glen Campbell's final studio album Adiós was recorded at Station West in Nashville following Glen's 'Goodbye Tour.' Produced by Glen's longtime banjo player and friend Carl Jackson, the album features Glen singing four Jimmy Webb songs that Glen never recorded but always loved, including the title track. Adios features songs written by Roger Miller, Bob Dylan, Dickey Lee, Jerry Reed, Fred Neil, and includes a duet with Willie Nelson - 'Funny How Time Slips Away' - and special guest Vince Gill on harmony vocals in 'Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)'. The album is a true family affair as Glen's daughter Ashley and sons Cal and Shannon, all perform on the record.

This is a PRE-ORDER AND DUE OUT JUNE 9TH!! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! Most likely will get the CD AND LP!!!
- Ar
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD / CD Releases

Postby Dee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Glen Campbell to Say Farewell With Final Album 'Adios'
Studio LP, due June 9th, was recorded after the singer-guitarist's Alzheimer's diagnosis and Goodbye Tour in 2012
Rollingstone.com
April 14, 2017

Singer-guitarist Glen Campbell is saying farewell with a final studio album, the appropriately titled Adiós. In advance of the album, out June 9th, Campbell has shared the track list to Adiós, which includes a cover of the 1969 Harry Nilsson song "Everybody's Talkin'."

The songs that make up Adiós were recorded after Campbell wrapped up that tour in an effort to preserve, as Campbell's wife Kim Campbell writes, "what magic was left." Campbell has not performed or recorded since 2012.

Campbell recorded Adiós at Nashville's Station West with producer and longtime collaborator Carl Jackson. Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Campbell's own children – Ashley, Shannon and Cal – all make guest appearances on Adiós, which features 12 songs Campbell had long loved but never had the chance to record.

Here's the full track list for Adiós and the official sound recording of Track 1, "Everybody's Talkin'":

1. "Everybody’s Talkin’"
2. "Just Like Always"

3. "Funny (How Time Slips Away)" (feat. Willie Nelson)

4. "Arkansas Farmboy"

5. "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)" (intro by Roger Miller)

6. "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)" (feat. Vince Gill)

7. "It Won’t Bring Her Back"
8. "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"
9. "She Thinks I Still Care"
10. "Postcard From Paris"
11. "A Thing Called Love"
12. "Adiós"

:arrow: FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NEW ALBUM, YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE ROLLING STONE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.rollingstone.com/country/new ... os-w476837

FROM PEOPLE MAGAZINE:

How Glen Campbell Made His Final Studio Album Adiós: 'The Songs Flowed Straight from His Heart,' Says Singer's Wife
Kim Campbell, shares in the album’s emotional liner notes.

By Melody Chiu
People.com
April 14, 2017
“What you’re hearing … is the beautiful and loving culmination of friends and family doing their very best for the man who inspired, raised and entertained them for decades — giving him the chance to say one last goodbye to his fans.”

:arrow: Read Kim's official press release to People magazine here: http://people.com/country/glen-campbell ... bum-adios/

~Dee
Dee
Site Admin

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Glen Campbell's Unforgettable Albums "Gentle On My Mind," "Wichita Lineman" And "Galveston" To Be Reissued On Vinyl
ALL RELEASES DUE MARCH 24 VIA CAPITOL NASHVILLE/UMe

Official Press Release Photo_22 February 2017.jpg
Official Press Release Photo_22 February 2017.jpg (106.5 KiB) Viewed 426 times

PRNewswire/ -- Gentle on My Mind, Wichita Lineman and Galveston, the star-making albums that helped make Glen Campbell a global superstar and household name, will be reissued on vinyl on March 24 via Capitol Nashville/UMe. The three titles, which haven't been available on vinyl for decades, will be released on standard black vinyl and housed in replicas of the original sleeve art. Each album will also receive a limited edition color run that will be available exclusively at GlenCampbell.com at a later date.

Source: Capitol Nashville/UMe
Complete Press Release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 11260.html
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Arlw, thanks again for the photos you shared of the new Glen Campbell "Rhinestone Cowboy Live" picture disc.
After seeing your photos posted here, I decided to stretch the budget and purchase one from a small store dealer on amazon for $19.99 + free shipping.
The disc arrived this week and it is outstanding! The images on both sides of the vinyl LP are beautifully done (imo). The colors are deeper than I had expected.
Of course I will never play it.
Should this record be added to Glen's compilation LP discography?
Thanks again for sharing your photos with us!
Dee
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Mike Joyce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Great picture disc Dee/arlw. I always loved that shirt Glen wore for the concert. Back then Glen always had great outfits.
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks for the photos, Arlw and Dee! Very cool. Is a picture disc usually only printed on one side?

And to Mike: I am a fan of Alison Krauss as well. I bet her cover is awesome.
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Dee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:00 am

This is a follow-up to the new "Rhinestone Cowboy Live" picture disc that was just released on January 20, 2017.
Thought you all would enjoy photos of this new reveal: the LP is a double-sided picture disc! A huge thank you to Arlw for sharing this information!
Always on the line, Arlw has already received and framed her disc, and gave me the okay to post photos of it on display at her home. Thanks, Arlw!
The first 2 pics are Arlw's. The other photos include both Side A and Side B.
Appears to be a nice production by the Goldenlane label but more expensive than the LP picture discs released by Surfdog Records last year.

(You may need to double click or scroll to view the first two pictures which are large jpgs.)

2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_1-gcf.jpg
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_1-gcf.jpg (115.14 KiB) Viewed 519 times

2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_2-gcf.jpg
2017 ARLW's Newly Framed Rhinestone Cowboy Live Picture Disc_2-gcf.jpg (270 KiB) Viewed 519 times

2017 RC Picture Disc 1.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 1.jpg (52.69 KiB) Viewed 519 times

2017 RC Picture Disc 2.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 2.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 519 times

2017 RC Picture Disc 3.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 3.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 519 times

2017 RC Picture Disc 4.jpg
2017 RC Picture Disc 4.jpg (104.35 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Dee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen