Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Last Studio Album 'Adios' ~ Now Gold!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

The Leonard Lopate Show
Glen Campbell's Final Album And Legacy
WNYC Studios
JUNE 14, 2017

The Leonard Lopate Show_Icon.png
The Leonard Lopate Show_Icon.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
"Kim Campbell, singer and guitarist Glen Campbell's wife of 34 years, and his daughter, Ashley, join "The Leonard Lopate Show" (WNYC) to discuss Glen's farewell album "Adiós," as well as his long career."

Kim also provides an update about Glen: "He has a song in his heart and sings in tune." Yet, he is dealing with many of the devastating effects of late-stage Alzheimer's disease as well as aphasia.

We also learn that Glen recorded the tracks for 'Adios' "just after the Goodbye Tour", when he was still living in his and Kim's home in Malibu. Glen would fly to Nashville occasionally to "put some lyrics down, put some vocals down".

Kim and Ashley discuss when Carl and Glen first worked together, the Summer Brothers Smothers Show, Glen's first realization of his new popularity in the late sixties, the Goodbye Tour, I'll Be Me, Ashley's new album, and more! It is an informative, insightful interview. Thank you both, Kim and Ashley.

(Sounds as if Glen may have watched himself on Glen Campbell Forums On YouTube's "T.A.M.I." video as well as other YT videos in which he performed such as Star Route. It is wonderful to learn that Glen still responds to music and that he still feels the guitar in his hands even if he can't play now.)

You can listen to and/or download this podcast here:

:arrow: http://www.npr.org/podcasts/381443901/t ... opate-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Scroll down the page until you see "Glen Campbell's Final Album And Legacy".)

Dee

Post by Dee »

hmv.com talks to Ashley Campbell
Published June 13, 2017 on the official "hmv" YouTube channel.

Nice interview with Ashley discussing 'Adios' and more!

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

A call for help from our board discographers!

As an outcome of the release of 'Adios', I have been asked to pull together the following information and am posting it here first to confirm whether or not it is completely correct.
There is one question about the promo, to start with.

Glen released "Postcard From Paris" five times since 2013. However, there are only three different GC studio recordings of this Jimmy Webb song, is this correct?

Is this summary okay? I am definitely unsure of the promo track because of the difference in the track's length. The numbers refer to the versions (#1, #2, and #3).

Many thanks to Cowpoke who previously compiled most of this information for me and other fans in 2013.

GHOST ON THE CANVAS (Digital Studio Album):
#1 - Wish You Were Here (Jimmy Webb's penned Postcard From Paris but re-titled for this album) 3:51 [2011, Surfdog]
This track was released as one of the digital bonus tracks with GOTC, only available from Amaz@n and iTun@s St@re. 
The bonus tracks were no longer included with the Amaz@n MP3 GOTC album (as well as the iTun@s MP3 album?) as of December 5, 2015, according to Wikipedia.

SEE YOU THERE (Studio Album):
#2 - Postcard From Paris - Alternate Mix (MP3, CD and Vinyl) released for the first time; different from previous digital release. 3:36 [2013, Surfdog]
#1 - Postcard From Paris - Alternate Mix (original version from GOTC digital download; first time in CD and Vinyl formats) 3:51 [2013, Surfdog]

SINGLE PROMO RELEASE only in the U.K.:
#1 - Postcard From Paris 3:39 [2013, Surfdog]
This single was released as a promo on disc for the See You There studio album. However, it is the same track from the digital release of Ghost On The Canvas.  (Question: the length of this track differs from the GOTC digital track, at least on my media player; is this track really the same one included with GOTC MP3?)

ADIOS (Studio Album):
#3 - Postcard From Paris (vocals: Glen Campbell lead; Ashley, Cal & Shannon on chorus) 4:33 [2017, UMe]
MP3, CD, and Vinyl - almost a minute longer than the two previous releases!

Thank you all in advance for your help!

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Cowpoke.
Your theory sounds very plausible. Because it almost seems too much of a coincidence for all 4 Adios songs to have come from the one Jim Webb album.
I guess it goes without saying, it is regrettable they did not have the time or opportunity to make another album together.
Very glad to have the 4 songs now on Adios. Can't tell you all how many times we have played it already.
Best wishes,
Steve

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks SteveH for posting your review!

You wrote:
>Mr. Campbell aces 4 Jimmy Webb songs that are on Jimmy's album, Suspending Disbelief.
>We wonder if this is a coincidence?

That's a very interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. I do know that in the mid 90s there was quite a lot of talk about Glen doing another album with Jimmy. A possible scenario is that Glen listened to Jimmy's 1993 album and picked the 4 songs he liked best. I even believe Jimmy and Glen got around to record a few songs back then. Still, they never seemed to be able to get the whole project done. I imagine Glen continued to sing these songs thinking "one day I will release these on an album" which never materialized... until now. Just a possible scenario of course.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

The Official ‘Adiós’ Interviews
uDiscoverMusic
udiscovermusic.com
By Paul Sexton
June 13, 16, and 23, 2017

Great news, fans! A serial article published by uDiscoverMusic looks to be the definitive insider story about Glen Campbell's new album, 'Adios'.

PART I: Carl Jackson On Producing Glen Campbell’s Final Album :arrow: https://tinyurl.com/ya84y5zh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PART II: “I’m So Proud Of My Dad” Says Daughter Ashley, As Glen Campbell Album Hits UK Top 3 :arrow: https://tinyurl.com/ycopze9p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PART III: Carl Jackson On His Friend & Hero, Glen Campbell :arrow: https://tinyurl.com/y9yhsr3a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ADIOS_UMe Newsletter-gcf.jpg
ADIOS_UMe Newsletter-gcf.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's Family Explains the 'Comforting' Effect Music Has on the Alzheimer's Stricken Icon
PEOPLE MAGAZINE
BY ALEXIS CHESTNOV
POSTED ONLINE, JUNE 13, 2017 AT 2:22PM EDT

Screen Shot_Credit to People Magazine-sm.jpg
Screen Shot_Credit to People Magazine-sm.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
Kim and Ashley Campbell are interviewed by PEOPLE and share the impact that 'Adios', the album, has had on Glen.

To read the article (keep scrolling down the page to read the entire article) and watch the video, jump to:

:arrow: http://people.com/music/glen-campbell-a ... ng-effect/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SteveH

Post by SteveH »

My wife and I think this is one of Glen Campbell's best albums ever.
I have been a fan since Wichita Lineman.
Mr. Campbell aces 4 Jimmy Webb songs that are on Jimmy's album, Suspending Disbelief.
We wonder if this is a coincidence?
We thank you all for this forum.
God Bless,
Steve

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell (Official)
Glen's Studio at the 2017 CMA Festival in Nashville!

A video was taken of Glen's "studio" promoting 'Adios' and his legendary music career at the CMA Festival held in Nashville. The studio is a fan's delight and a huge honor to Glen Campbell! I hope you all can watch it by clicking on the link beneath the image.
GC Studio CMA Fest 2017.jpg
GC Studio CMA Fest 2017.jpg (34.2 KiB) Viewed 6110 times
:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/glencampbellof ... 434442126/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

From Glen Campbell (Official)
This short video is an 'Adios' album Q&A with Ashley Campbell and producer Carl Jackson, It was hosted by Robert K. Oermann, music journalist, and was conducted last Friday at the 2017 CMA Fest.

Hopefully, this link will take you to the Glen Campbell (Official) facebook video:

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/glencampbellof ... 792607126/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #