Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
kvalois

Any new CD or DVD releases?

Post by kvalois »

Hi, everyone:

Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-issue any of Glen's albums, a definitive boxed set, or DVDs of the original Goodtime Hour??

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Not "All Glen", but still a nice release for GC fans and country music fans in general:

10-DVD Collection CMA AWARDS LIVE: Greatest Moments 1968-2015
Time Life in conjunction with the Country Music Association is proud to announce the upcoming release of CMA Awards Live: Greatest Moments 1968-2015. This collection takes you from the early days of the CMA Awards in the late 1960s when Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell dominated the music scene to today’s top stars.... This collection of CMA Awards performances showcases the diversity of talent and the powerful songs that have made country music the heartbeat of America.

CMA Awards Live will be officially released to retail early next year.
The press release also states that for many of the performances on this set, "(o)utside of their original airings, these performances have never been commercially available."

Hopefully, the retail set will be affordable. The pre-order is pricey.

For more information about this set, you can visit TimeLife's website at:
https://timelife.com/products/cma-award ... dp_cmadvds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, arlw!
After you receive your Anthology set, could you let us know if the DVD is Region 1 or PAL?
It is listed as Region 1, but when this set was released in 2012, the DVD was PAL--but listed as Region 1.
(I haven't ordered it yet.)

This CD/DVD set's price is less than People's commemorative magazine!

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

New DVD/CD already shipped....Mine is expected to arrive on Wednesday--can't wait!!!

arlw

Post by arlw »

The Pre-order DVD/CD is shipping tomorrow from Amazon! Should be here next week. If you Pre-ordered this, you saved about $6.00, but either way, it should be a great DVD/CD from Glen.

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell Live Anthology 1972 - 2001-sm.jpg
Glen Campbell Live Anthology 1972 - 2001-sm.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 7357 times
Posting about this new set for arlw who discovered a new DVD & CD reissue: Glen Campbell - Live Anthology 1972-2001

On amazondotcom, it is listed now for only $9.89, and will be available in early September 2017.
The header on Amazon's listing describes it as a DVD, but the description lists a CD, too.

Supposedly, the DVD is formatted for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada). However---
When this set was previously released in 2012, the DVD was formatted for PAL only but was not identified as PAL. This was good news for fans outside of Region 1!
Hopefully, this reissued set's DVD format is Region 1 for fans in the U.S. and Canada.

Tracks listed by amazon (tbc):

DISC 1: CD
1. Rhinestone Cowboy
2. Galveston
3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
4. Try A Little Kindness
5. Wichita Lineman
6. Gone, Gone, Gone
7. Walkin' In The Sun
8. On A Good Night
9. True Grit
10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
11. I Remember You
12. I'm A One-Woman Man
13. Orange Blossom Special
14. The Highwayman
15. Streets Of London
16. A Thing Called Love
17. Southern Nights
18. William Tell Overture
19. Beach Boys Medley: Good Vibrations / California Girls / Fun Fun Fun / I Get Around / Surfin' USA
20. Amazing Grace
21. Mull Of Kintyre
22. Gentle On My Mind

DISC 2: DVD
1. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
2. If You Go Away
3. Help Me Make It Through The Night
4. Galveston
5. Wichita Lineman
6. The Impossible Dream
7. Gentle On My Mind
8. Mary In The Morning
9. Try A Little Kindness
10. Where s The Playground, Susie?
11. Oh Happy Day
12. He Ain t Heavy, He s My Brother
13. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
14. Bonaparte s Retreat
15. MacArthur Park
16. I Will Never Pass This Way Again
17. Rhinestone Cowboy
18. Southern Nights
19. True Grit
20. Mull Of Kintyre
21. The Highwayman
22. It s Only Make Believe
23. Amazing Grace
Plus Many More great duets!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Uncommon Folk has finally "released" a recording with Glen Campbell, "This Land Is Your Land".
(It was on SoundCloud since at least 2013, and we have posted about it previously.)

This is the link to the release's article/video:
:arrow: http://www.laweekly.com/music/glen-camp ... nd-8535117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A donation is requested to download the song. (Do your homework, of course, on anyone or any organization requesting a donation in Glen's name. -Dee)

This is the link to one of the versions (same one?) available on SoundCloud 4 years ago:
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/uncommonfolkroug ... -land-glen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[Post edited on August 16, 2017 to add the newly uploaded music video on YouTube. ~Dee]

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great to hear from you, arlw! This DVD is a great find for fans. Thank you for posting about it.
Now we have something to look forward to in September.
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

If you Love Adios, they have a Pre-Order DVD available at Amazon.com---considering this was released as a picture disc, they now released it onto a DVD! 70 minutes

Campbell, Glen - Live Anthology 1972-20012017 | NTSC

Editorial Reviews

Fans of the one and only Rhinestone Cowboy will delight in this extensive DVD/CD anthology of live recordings capturing Glen Campbell at the height of his popularity! This 70 minute Concert video anthology features performances of every major Campbell classic including Rhinestone Cowboy, Wichita Lineman, Galveston, Gentle On My Mind, By The Time I Get To Phoenix and lots more! Bonus features include: Disc: 1 1. Rhinestone Cowboy 2. Galveston 3. By the Time I Get to Phoenix 4. Try a Little Kindness 5. Wichita Lineman 6. Gone, Gone, Gone 7. Walkin' in the Sun 8. On a Good Night 9. True Grit 10. The Hand That Rocks the Cradle 11. I Remember You

Product details

Actors: Campbell, Glen
Format: NTSC
Language: English
Region: All Regions
Number of discs: 1
Studio: Cleopatra Entertainment
DVD Release Date: September 8, 2017

Just saw this today-thought you would like to know.

Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's Unforgettable Albums "Gentle On My Mind," "Wichita Lineman" And "Galveston" To Be Reissued On Vinyl
ALL RELEASES DUE MARCH 24 VIA CAPITOL NASHVILLE/UMe
Official Press Release Photo_22 February 2017.jpg
Official Press Release Photo_22 February 2017.jpg (106.5 KiB) Viewed 7536 times
PRNewswire/ -- Gentle on My Mind, Wichita Lineman and Galveston, the star-making albums that helped make Glen Campbell a global superstar and household name, will be reissued on vinyl on March 24 via Capitol Nashville/UMe. The three titles, which haven't been available on vinyl for decades, will be released on standard black vinyl and housed in replicas of the original sleeve art. Each album will also receive a limited edition color run that will be available exclusively at GlenCampbell.com at a later date.
Source: Capitol Nashville/UMe
Complete Press Release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 11260.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;