Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 03:16 am:

Siblis, Arlw,
it's a rerelease of Glen Campbell Through the Years Live set (1 DVD and 1 CD) from 2011. You can find more information about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Campb ... ve_-_Ultim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ate_Collection

If you don't have it already, it's a great set, with 5 previously unreleased recordings from Glen's UK tv shows.

Since this release is offered on amazon.COM (and not as an import), the only difference MIGHT be that this new release is especially made for the US market, so that you can actually play the DVD on US DVD players and tv sets. But I do not know this for sure.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 05:56 pm:

Go to Amazon.com and see what CD is now being released the end of July-this is a pre-order CD. On the Cleopatra Label and has 46 tracks-2 CD set. The songs that Glen recorded are from 1971-2001-they call it the Live Anthology. Here you go! I think the first one is a CD and the second disc is a DVD-cool. I don't know what you all think but I love this one!!

Fans of the one and only Rhinestone Cowboy will delight in this extensive anthology of live recordings capturing Glen Campbell at the zenith of his popularity!

Features performances of every major Campbell classic including Rhinestone Cowboy, Wichita Lineman, Galveston, Gentle On My Mind, By The Time I Get To Phoenix and lots more!

Special guest appearances by Wayne Newton, Anne Murray, Seals & Croft, Helen Reddy, and more!

Special shiny foil booklet will make this collection stand out from the rest! Official Press Release Product Description

DISC 1: CD
1. Rhinestone Cowboy
2. Galveston
3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
4. Try A Little Kindness
5. Wichita Lineman
6. Gone, Gone, Gone
7. Walkin' In The Sun
8. On A Good Night
9. True Grit
10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
11. I Remember You
12. I'm A One-Woman Man
13. Orange Blossom Special
14. The Highwayman
15. Streets Of London
16. A Thing Called Love
17. Southern Nights
18. William Tell Overture
19. Beach Boys Medley: Good Vibrations / California Girls / Fun Fun Fun / I Get Around / Surfin' USA
20. Amazing Grace
21. Mull Of Kintyre
22. Gentle On My Mind

DISC 2: DVD
1. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
2. If You Go Away
3. Help Me Make It Through The Night
4. Galveston
5. Wichita Lineman
6. The Impossible Dream
7. Gentle On My Mind
8. Mary In The Morning
9. Try A Little Kindness
10. Where s The Playground, Susie?
11. Oh Happy Day
12. He Ain t Heavy, He s My Brother
13. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
14. Bonaparte s Retreat
15. MacArthur Park
16. I Will Never Pass This Way Again
17. Rhinestone Cowboy
18. Southern Nights
19. True Grit
20. Mull Of Kintyre
21. The Highwayman
22. It s Only Make Believe
23. Amazing Grace

BONUS MATERIAL
Over 20 additional tracks including duets with Wayne Newton, Anne Murray, Seals & Croft, Helen Reddy, and more!

Total Running Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 02:38 pm:

Title: Surf Route 101
Artist: The Super Stocks --this is another new CD coming out-check this out

Sundazed brings back to life three rare surf and hot rod sessions recorded in 1964 by the Super Stocks, a studio group led by producer Gary Usher and an amazing array of musicians including Billy Strange, Glen Campbell, Leon Russell, Ray Pohlman, Hal Blaine, and Jerry Cole.

Originally issued on Capitol in the summer of 1964, Surf Route 101 mixes the usual surfing themes ("Surfin Scene," "Surf Route 101") with several odes to specific geographic areas around L.A. and Orange County ("Redondo Beach," "Balboa Island," "Newport Beach"), and they even throw in a tune about falling in love...with surfing ("My First Love").

As usual, the folks at Sundazed have done excellent work with all three of the Super Stocks LPs; they have restored the original album artwork, featured meticulous mastering from the analog tapes, and included new liner notes ---this should be a great CD as this is the "Wrecking Crew" and we all know who was a part of that great group!! I think the going price of this CD is about 15-20.00 but look around as you might get it at "A Better Place" and no pun intended!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 09:07 pm:

Update on American Treasure; I ordered the set months ago and now received this disappointing--but hopeful!--emailed letter on June 5, 2012 (I'm hoping that footage from the Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour will be included, and this footage may be the reason for the delayed release):

THE EMAILED LETTER:

Hello from Surfdog,

We wanted to Thank You, first of all, for your purchase of the GC AT set, and for your support of the legendary GC.

We are also writing to tell you that we've incurred some delays, all surrounding some complex third-party clearance issues surrounding some of the licensed materials. We had no idea this was going to be so complicated. We have done several compilations over our 20 years, including tracks from some of the most iconic artists in music, and have never had these kinds of issues. BUT…WE ARE DETERMINED! We will bring this package into reality. Because it is too special, and too important to document this iconic Artist's amazing legacy! And we do not want to cop out and skimp on the content.

We now see why this has probably never been done before :-).

Anyway, we do believe we are on the home stretch. We can't be definitive because some of this is up to the rights holders. But we believe we will realistically begin shipping by late summer/early fall. We understand if this is too long of a wait, so we are offering this: For the next 10 days (until 6/16/12) we are offering you a full refund, no questions, no catches.

Otherwise, we SO APPRECIATE your patience and can't wait 'til we begin shipping this "Treasure" to you, because that means we will have gotten our hands on our personal copy too! Which is one of the driving reasons we're doing it in the first place.

In the meantime, Mahalo from your friends at Surfdog!

Scott Seine
Executive VP / GM
Surfdog Records

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 02:06 pm:

That's very interesting Arlw. It's a rerelease of the "Through the Years DVD/CD" set which was released in 2011, while Glen toured the UK.

Perhaps with this release the DVD can watched on US television/DVD sets?

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 01:52 pm:

Amazon.com has listed 2 more new releases-this one below comes out the end of July. No picture is posted yet but the tracks are out.

Live Anthology 1972-2001
Glen Campbell (Artist) | Format: Audio CD
This title will be released on July 31, 2012.

Number of Discs: 2
Label: Cleopatra
ASIN: B0088R9L84

Review
Fans of the one and only Rhinestone Cowboy will delight in this extensive anthology of live recordings capturing Glen Campbell at the zenith of his popularity!

Special guest appearances by Wayne Newton, Anne Murray, Seals & Croft, Helen Reddy, and more!

Special shiny foil booklet will make this collection stand out from the rest! --Official Press Release
Product Description

DISC 1: CD
1. Rhinestone Cowboy
2. Galveston
3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
4. Try A Little Kindness
5. Wichita Lineman
6. Gone, Gone, Gone
7. Walkin' In The Sun
8. On A Good Night
9. True Grit
10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
11. I Remember You
12. I'm A One-Woman Man
13. Orange Blossom Special
14. The Highwayman
15. Streets Of London
16. A Thing Called Love
17. Southern Nights
18. William Tell Overture
19. Beach Boys Medley: Good Vibrations / California Girls / Fun Fun Fun / I Get Around / Surfin' USA
20. Amazing Grace
21. Mull Of Kintyre
22. Gentle On My Mind

DISC 2: DVD
1. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
2. If You Go Away
3. Help Me Make It Through The Night
4. Galveston
5. Wichita Lineman
6. The Impossible Dream
7. Gentle On My Mind
8. Mary In The Morning
9. Try A Little Kindness
10. Where s The Playground, Susie?
11. Oh Happy Day
12. He Ain t Heavy, He s My Brother
13. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
14. Bonaparte s Retreat
15. MacArthur Park
16. I Will Never Pass This Way Again
17. Rhinestone Cowboy
18. Southern Nights
19. True Grit
20. Mull Of Kintyre
21. The Highwayman
22. It s Only Make Believe
23. Amazing Grace

BONUS MATERIAL
Over 20 additional tracks including duets with Wayne Newton, Anne Murray, Seals & Croft, Helen Reddy, and more!

Total Running Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes

Check it out--they listed disc one as a CD but Disc 2 as a DVD!!!-I think this is just 2 CD's.

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 01:47 pm:

You can now own Glen's 1967 episode of The FBI, called "Force of Nature", on DVD--it's in the DVD box set of the second half of the second season of the show. I've already bought and watched it, and it looks great. You get to see Glen's Mosrite electric guitar, too, the one on the cover of Gentle on My Mind. You also get to see a bunch of new 1967 Ford Galaxie 500's, as well as some older cars. Here's the link to purchase the box set from Warner Bros.:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/fbi+the+t ... 75034.do?s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ortby=ourPicks&from=Search

-Hair

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:04 am:

Serious review of the expanded Meet Glen Campbell

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/155 ... d-edition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 07:16 am:

Al Jardine's new "A Postcard from California":

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/mar/15/ ... rch-20-at/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glen Campbell sings the title track with others. An Amazon.com reviewer is very complimentary about this track and Glen's contribution to it.

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 02:23 am:

Reviews of reissue of Meet Glen Campbell and Live in Japan. Not really positive but I think the writer makes some valid points.

http://blurt-online.com/reviews/view/3705/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke