Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
MikeM12

Re: Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

Post by MikeM12 »

In 2012, Hawaii Public Radio did a 16 minute interview with Glen, halfway down the page:
https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/ ... c#stream/0

A cool 10 minute interview clip in July '20, on Hawaii Public Radio, of Webb describing meeting Glen, after Webb's stint at the '67 Monterey pop festival. 1/4 way down page:
https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/ ... e#stream/0

And if you wanted to hear the entire 75 minute interview with further details of his music with Elvis, link below. The part of Glen starts at the 24 minute mark. Also there's a video with a couple of his friends, in a cafe or restaurant diner from Dec. '91, at the piano performing Elvis and Me.
https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/ ... o#stream/0

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A great piece of research you did MikeM. Thanks for posting it here!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

A lengthy text, link at bottom. I made this post initially in early 90's. It might be new to many others. We know Glen referenced & did vocal impressions and imitations of Elvis during his concerts and Elvis held Glen in very high regards, as he did excellent impressions of Glen, trying to use Glen's voice. I've annotated 35 Elvis concert references impersonating, imitating and talking about Glen, even while introducing his band members with Glen D. Hardin on keyboards. There's 3 pages of listings. The ultimate comprehensive Elvis web site, owner was generous in uploading my works, which include audio references of Glen, the text and cd labels from each of the concerts. Downside is he used Real Audio as media player. But he included a link to download, to listen. You can download the audios and convert to mp3 online. Also, I've a document listed where Red West targeted Glen for $20 per demo session as I spoke with EP Enterprises and at the time, Richard Davis, one of Elvis' "Memphis mafia". And of songs sung - before Elvis, there was Glen. I listed release dates and albums of songs they both sang. This is the true definitive EP site, that breaks down all the jumpsuits he wore at the concerts, with photos. Every concert on official cd and FTD release & those on cdr (cdr being bootleg soundboard and audiance recordings). I've over 80 of such EP concerts and they're all amazing. And I've Glen's recordings as well. On the site below, all Elvis concerts broken down from early, thru Vegas and his on tour concerts. You can click 3 of my submissions, under the photo. His site utilizes Goggle ads towards end of pages, no control on those. Enjoy this site:
https://www.elvisconcerts.com/real/campbell.html

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes that is a underrated album. I especially love the Gordon Lightfoot songs there. If you could read my mind and The last time I saw her. Some people say that the orchestration on that last song overwhelms Glen’s vocals. I kinda get what they are saying but I do love the arrangement Al de Lory did very much.

The song One last time is a underrated single I think. Not a hit but very interesting song.

Michel

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Thanks Cowpoke, also if you click on his photo at top left under top result, it'll start showing a page of songs. Click show all songs, it seems never-ending. A load of albums he's done, The Last Time I Saw Her is my favorite. That song with He Ain't Heavy.., his personal touches on Rose Garden, Dream Baby, If You Could Read My Mind and others are fantastic & heart warming. As far as singles, my two top favorites are One Last Time & The Last Time I Saw Her. Of One Last Time, his voice and especially the female background voices and instrumentals are stunning and mesmerizing. I can loop this one all day.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks MikeM great link. Now I can read all the lyrics in one place!

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Mod, if link below doesn't open to the actual website, please correct, that it does. Seems lately that links listed, play within the posted message. To take full advantage, needs to open on new page.

This is such an awesome site, don't know where to begin. From genius.com, can search for any artist. Glen is below. Will list lyrics of any song chosen. Can scroll down and select "show more". Can do the same with album listings. Looking at a song lyric, scroll down towards bottom of page and it'll show you the album with all songs listed. Click on any of those songs, to see all lyrics, from that album. At the end of the lyrics, scroll down a bit more and select to play the audio / video, of that song, if it's offered. Most are.
https://genius.com/search?q=Glen%20Campbell

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

This is very interesting MikeM. Thanks for posting. About that photo I believe that one is from 1966 when Glen toured South East Asia with Rick Nelson, again playing bass!

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Not sure how common knowledge this is from Facebook and forgive the post, if it is. Two cool links listed below. Click on the photo & it'll take you to the site, to read the full story. Mod can remove as seen fit. Gil Baker, movie director and in charge of "Session Men" referenced Jimmie Haskell (Rick's producer) said Rick needed help in the studio. Ozzie Nelson ordered to keep Glen uncredited on everything he did on one of the best sellers "Rick Is 21". Glen played Ricky's acoustic guitar parts, doubled Ricky's lead vocals, etc. on quite a few hits listed within below link. Also a cool pic of Glen, Rick & James Burton. Baker says in his interview that of all things Glen has done and he lists quite a few, he should be in the Rock Hall Fame.

One other video link from the Hyatt on Sunset Strip, posted by Gil has he, Glen, Joe Osborn & Larry Knechtel from Gil's project "The Session Men".

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »