Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Limited edition ovation 1627

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
jay

Re: Limited edition ovation 1627

Post by jay »

Puffinstuff41!
Thanks for the question and I am SOOOOO sorry I am just now getting to it. I decided to redo my office around Thanksgiving and I am now just getting the computers and desk reorganized ....anyway...I love this Ovation stuff and hopefully, we can get some info about your guitar.

I have a thread about Ovation and Glen's 1627 models throughout the company's initial creation [upon Glen's request] and Ovation offering it, in different ways, again to the public in very limited amounts....throughout the decades.

You can read through the thread HERE.

There are quite a few models...but if you bought yours in the 80s, that helps a lot.

The 1627 was originally produced from the early to mid-70s to 1985. It wasn't made or released again until 2006, when Ovation celebrated its 40th anniversary and did a limited production.

Therefore, w/o seeing your guitar, it appears that you have one of the original 1627's that Ovation produced in the USA, based on your purchase date.

If you wanted to share your serial # with me, I could certainly get you closer to what year it was produced. If you feel it was a limited edition, I would need to see what you are looking at to discuss that. A picture of the guitar and the label would also help in that discussion.

Generally...and it is a crazy market right now...those original 70s and 80s 1627's fetch about 1000 give or take 250. They are a great American-made guitar that Glen had Ovation make just for his playing style.

Thanks for your question and for your interest in Glen's forum.

Puffinstuff41

Limited edition ovation 1627

Post by Puffinstuff41 »

Hi,
I acquired a limited edition Glen Campbell semi acoustic guitar back in the 80's and want to get more information on this particular model. I think I bought it around 1986/7 second hand. I would like to know what year it was manufactured and what it may be worth now. I'm based in England, just outside London. Not planning on selling but just interested in it's current value. The serial number is 187706.
TIA