Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

GLEN CAMPBELL AT AMERICAN BAR W/ THE PEABODYS

Rock, Roll & Remember! Post your Glen Campbell photos and stories here!
Sweetg1

Re: GLEN CAMPBELL AT AMERICAN BAR W/ THE PEABODYS

Post by Sweetg1 »

Will do Jay! I appreciate your efforts, and will report back what I find.

jay

Post by jay »

SweetG1

Sadly, I have struck out.
Glen played at so many venues. That's all he ever wanted to do. Of course, back then there were umpteen CW bars littering every litttle town and Glen had yet to make a name for himself, so no one really paid much attention to him...until after the Goodtime Hour and then everyone had met him and knew him...lol.

Good luck in your search...try newspapers.com, if your library has a subscription for patrons...I have found a ton of stuff in there for these small towns and their papers.

Thanks for stopping here and inquiring...please let us know if you ever find anything that ties Glen to the Peabodys in Grants.

Sweetg1

Post by Sweetg1 »

Thanks Jay!

jay

Post by jay »

SweetG1
First of all...thank you for taking the time to post this on Glen's forum.
I live just south of Amarillo...So I am familiar with Grants...but certainly not with what you mention. I do know that Glen played in Tres Piederas.
We certainly know he traveled while in ALB...alot!
Let me see what I can find.
Thanks again for your interest and for reaching out!

Sweetg1

GLEN CAMPBELL AT AMERICAN BAR W/ THE PEABODYS

Post by Sweetg1 »

Hello everyone,

I’m writing on behalf of my mother-in-law, whose parents Bill and Mabel Peabody used to own the American Bar in Grants, NM. There, Glen Campbell used to play with Dick Bills. Does anyone have any memories of the bar, the Peabodys or Glen Campbell during this time?

Glen Campbell used to mention Mabel in some of his speeches early in his career.

The Peabody’s then went on to own bars in Tres Piedras, ABQ, and Las Lunas (47 Club), and Cortez (Stockmans), but uncertain if Glen Campbell ever played at any of these.

Any help is appreciated!