Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Big Machine Records releases "I'll Be Me Sound Track" today, April 21st, on vinyl!
Amazon is just one of the online retailers who are selling it.
ElusiveDisc.com's description:

Grammy Award Winning Soundtrack on 180g Vinyl!

Features:
• 180g Vinyl
• Gatefold Jacket

2015 Grammy Award Winner for:
• Best Country Song - "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"
• Best Country Duo/Group Performance - "Gentle On My Mind" by The Band Perry

This 10-song soundtrack accompanies the acclaimed Glen Campbell documentary "I’ll be Me." The album features Ashley Campbell and The Band Perry.

The "I'll Be Me" film documents the music legend as he set out on an unprecedented tour across America in 2011. Planned for a 5-week tour, it went on for 151 spectacular sold out shows over a triumphant year and a half across America. What made the tour extraordinary was that Glen had recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He was told to hang up his guitar and prepare for the inevitable. Instead, Glen and his wife went public with his diagnosis and announced that he and his family would set out on a "Goodbye Tour".

The film documents the amazing journey as he and his family attempt to navigate the wildly unpredictable nature of Glen's progressing disease using love, laughter, and music as their medicine of choice.

"...there's something extraordinary in Campbell's performances that will make this a deeply moving experience for his fans." -Mark Deming, allmusic.com

arlw

Post by arlw »

The dvd is not actually from Dublin, but close enough! The Live at the Dome dvd from this Glen Campbell Access set is from the UK.

About the disc and blue ray....to be really honest with you, I think the dvd will play in any dvd player only because it says region 0....you can try it on the blu ray or a regular dvd machine....I have learned that when the dvd says region 0, it usually will play on either machine.

arlw

Post by arlw »

It's a regular Blu-Ray DVD..........

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, arlw! We appreciate your sharing this good news about Access All Areas. (Are you using a standard DVD player or a blu-ray one?) Love the photos on the front cover of this set, and it is nice to have access to a high quality "Live at the Dome" concert performed by Glen Campbell.

BTW, Time Life is releasing yet another compilation of country music songs in an 8 / 10 CD set titled "Country Music of Your Life". There is nothing new here for Glen Campbell fans. However, what could be notable is:

"Music segments from the compilation are being broadcast nationally via a long-form television program hosted by country icons Charley Pride and Crystal Gayle. These chart-topping legends, reminisce about the "Golden Era" of country and the performers who laid the groundwork for many of today's country music stars."

Sometimes these infomercials will have brief video clips of the artists performing their songs.

For more information about this compilation, see: https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/time-life ... 00029.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

From my collection--the PAL VERSION PLAYS!

Glen Campbell -Access All Areas (CD + DVD). Marketed by Edsel, a Division of Demon Music Group LTD. This is an imported 2 disc set from the UK/London. One disc is a CD and the other is a DVD. It was released on February 15, 2015 and Manufactured in the EU. The DVD is PAL even though it says ALL AREAS, so might not be compatible with USA DVD players. Great set to have with Glen Campbell. This set will remain sealed for value purposes only. This CD/DVD Set will be an A &B as there is a spare copy that was sent from Germany, but it is identical to this CD/DVD. This one I will open! It plays the PAL and the concert is from Dublin-Live at the Dome from 1990-91 eras. Terrific quality! Some are from the UK and others are from Germany, but they are one of the same. I am really glad that this PAL PLAYS! Just wanted to pass this on.
Cat: AAACDVD 009. Rel: 2 Feb 15
Folk/Americana.

Side 1:
Track 1. Rhinestone Cowboy
Track 2. Galveston
Track 3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Track 4. Try A Little Kindness
Track 5. Wichita Lineman
Track 6. She's Gone Gone Gone
Track 7. Walkin' In The Sun
Track 8. On A Good Night
Track 9. True Grit
Track 10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Track 11. I Remember You
Track 12. Highwayman
Track 13. Streets Of London
Track 14. Mull Of Kintyre
Track 15. Gentle On My Mind
Side 2:
Track 1. Rhinestone Cowboy (DVD)
Track 2. Galveston
Track 3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Track 4. Try A Little Kindness
Track 5. Wichita Lineman
Track 6. She's Gone Gone Gone
Track 7. Walkin' In The Sun
Track 8. On A Good Night
Track 9. True Grit
Track 10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Track 11. I Remember You
Track 12. Highwayman
Track 13. Streets Of London
Track 14. Mull Of Kintyre
Track 15. Gentle On My Mind

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Cowpoke. If we could just have The Ballad of Jed Clampett on CD and digitally!

This transfer of "Clampett" is excellent!
Listen to Glen playing his 12-string guitar! (And Roy Clark is on the banjo!)
Watch for the back cover of the LP on the video -- with a photo of Glen, likely taken in a recording studio.

And now the rare "Wimoweh":
Very assured pickin'.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I believe the story behind the omitting of those 2 tracks was that Capitol used the masters of a budget rerelease of TA12SG (which only included 10 tracks) for the digital release. So, it's just careless I'm afraid. It's not that they ""lost" those 2 tracks somehow, because "Wimoweh" did get a digital release on a compilation CD called Classic Campbell (EMI, 2006).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The Ballad of Jed Clampett" has never been released digitally.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you for finding Vol. 1, Cowpoke! And also for posting the album artwork!
It is very odd that "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" and "Wimoweh" are not included with the "Astounding" digital albums.
Maybe it's a copyright matter?
"Wimoweh" ("The Lion Sleeps Tonight") is one of the songs from Broadway's musical "The Lion King", still in production.
"The Ballad of Jed Clampett" is the same theme song, I am guessing, from the "Beverly Hillbillies" television show from the sixties (still being rebroadcasted).
Who knows? :roll:

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Interesting find Dee! I did find a Volume 1, on Spotify.

Here are the front covers.
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 1
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 1
500x500.jpg (58.19 KiB) Viewed 6375 times
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 2
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 2
500x500_2.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 6375 times
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 3
Capitol Albums Collection Vol. 3
500x500_3.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 6375 times
As for the tracks they included, no real surprises there:

http://www.napster.co.uk/artist/various ... tion-vol-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.napster.co.uk/artist/glen-ca ... tion-vol-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.napster.co.uk/artist/glen-ca ... tion-vol-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Downright disappointing is the fact that Capitol still didn't add the two tracks from "The Astounding 12 String Guitar" that were missing in the previous digital release:

"The Ballad of Jed Clampett" and "Wimoweh"

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Cowpoke and Siblis, I am confused, too.
Released today (digital media only) by amazon.com/US:

The Capitol Albums Collection (Vol. 2)
Glen Campbell
March 31, 2015
11 discs
Total Length: 6:02:17

The Capitol Albums Collection (Vol. 3)
Glen Campbell
March 31, 2015
11 discs
Total Length: 7:07:30

I cannot find Vol. 1 in this digital series!

Yes, it would be super to have all of these albums on CDs -- such as Live-New Jersey Concert, Live-Royal Festival Hall, Norwood, True Grit, etc.
However, it's also a bonus to have these 22 albums in two digital "packages". On the other hand, as a "digital download box set", I would want the complete set--all three volumes.
I also noticed that the names of the original albums are not identified in amazon's listings.