Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

A Retrospect and Tribute to Glen

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
MikeM12

Re: A Retrospect and Tribute to Glen

Post by MikeM12 »

Seeing a post mod made in 2017, listing the readable pdf. Here's that link (need to log in to access)
http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... f=30&t=628

MikeM12

Re: A Retrospect and Tribute to Glen

Post by MikeM12 »

Thanks for the posting, can't believe been 6 years already. I'll email admin a pdf of my retrospect. Maybe in the backend, he can upload it in that format. God bless you Mr. Glen Campbell and thank you for fulfilling a major part of my life, with your music.

admin
Site Admin

A Retrospect and Tribute to Glen

Post by admin »

With little new information about Glen to post, it is always good to revisit tributes provided by his fans. This one was created by Michael Morgan, a long-time member and contributor of Glen's Forum. If you followed Glen's career, you will find it memorable and fitting. I have attached the original, but the formatting may be a little hard to read. The text is quoted afterward.

GC Retrospect  by M. Morgan.pdf.jpg
GC Retrospect by M. Morgan.pdf.jpg (588.2 KiB) Viewed 6778 times

He came to town one day in '59, to show a few of the big boys what he had to play.
Frank, Nat and Dean liked him so much that word got around town and he was soon
in demand. Others such as Bobbie, Merle, Ricky, Monkees, Jan & Dean and someone by the name of
Elvis wanted him to join in with them. He was getting hotter than the guitar he played and decided
to make it on his own and said to his friends, watch out 'cause I'll be right up there with you
some day.

It came quicker than a lot of people expected, except for the legend, because he knew he had what
it took. He decided to sing for us of many songs as his story has a lot to tell. He sat down to
watch tv with us, as he wanted to say thanks for all he got. We watched for a few short years and
couldn't get enough.

So he did it again for one brief season and still it was not enough. He took us to the movies a
couple times and was so overwhelmed that many took an interest in his sound, in which he decided to
visit us in all the towns. He took us through Galveston, Phoenix, Houston, Wichita, Manhattan
Kansas and some of the surf cities that he once knew. He even drove us through Oklahoma on a Sunday
Morning and he still is not through.

His schedule is tough with the road long and hard. The demands are strong and he finds little time
to rest and unwind. Yet he pushes on and gives his respect to the land of liberty and home of the
red, white and blue. He gathers words to pay homage in song, in the form of My Country, God Must
Have Blessed America and Trilogy.
He wishes peace and prosperity throughout all the lands as he looks back at a Universal Soldier,
strong at hand. Other singers liked his style and they joined in as he had visits from Bobbie, Rita
and Anne. He continues the hard tour, this time joined by daughter Debby on stage. As they stroll
through our towns, she sings by his side.
Finishing up another lengthy tour, our man of gold heads back to his Malibu home, right off the
golden shore. He starts to reminisce of the beach cities once again, for this is pretty much where
it all began.
This Wichita Lineman received yet another call to reign as he’s asked to drop by New York City to
see the CMA folks of the Hall of Fame. This time it’s not to host as done in ’72 but proudly they
said, Glen it’s time we honored you. He said you
know I’ve done songs about towns and they were witty; don’t be surprised if I come up with one for
Nashville & New York City.

A lot of his friends are now gone and one in particular left life a lot earlier than expected. But
an old friend by the name of Leon dropped by a while back to visit and reminisce the good times. It
was seen by a lot of people and what a joy it was to behold.
His music lives on, in which we all admire and he's dropping hints that he's soon to retire. As a
whirlwind, he'll be going about the towns in a roar, while promoting an album, with one last full
family tour. It'll be sad to see him leave but there are many memories and sounds that are full of
glee. He’s calling his last Ghost On The Canvas but we think he’ll have more to say, if we only
ask.

As great of a man he is with the disease at hand, he heard our pleas and continued the fight in
recording the final three. Adios is his last and the voice is just as strong as with See You There
and I’ll Be Me.

He met a lot of folks as time went by and found two loves, that of God and his wife.
Seeing his mission as being accomplished and giving his best, God called him home
and said it’s now time to rest. No more pain, no more strife; no more tears, No More Night. He
calls himself Just Another Man but we know him to be a music legend.
Glen - thanks for providing over 50 years of entertainment