Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums On The Net
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * BREAKING NEWS
admin
Site Admin

Re: Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

Post by admin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Many thanks to arlw for posting a review of Glen Campbell's second album for Capitol Records, Too Late to Worry - Too Blue to Cry, released in April 1963, and now available on CD: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23#p8087

Glen Campbell – vocals, acoustic guitar
Carl Tandberg – bass
Allen Reuss – acoustic guitar
Donald Frost – drums
Production
Nick Venet – producer
Jimmie Haskell – arranger, conductor
Ken Veeder/Capitol Photo Studio – photography

Below are photos comparing the original Capitol Records LP vinyl record with the new CD (released June 2018):
IMG_2248.JPG
IMG_2248.JPG (150.83 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2242A.jpg
The original vinyl used the Capitol Records black label edged with rainbow colors. The new CD uses the original font style (approximately) but different-colored lettering on a solid green background.
IMG_2242A.jpg (126.31 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG (154.96 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2251.JPG
Comparison of Back Covers of LP and CD
IMG_2251.JPG (131.15 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2247.JPG
The back of CD's paper insert is very different from the LP's jacket. Photo on CD is not "1963 authentic".
IMG_2247.JPG (118.63 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2246.JPG
Original Font
IMG_2246.JPG (98.9 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2245.JPG
Liner Notes for CD with another photo that is not "1963 authentic". Notes appear to be the same text, however. HIGHLIGHT: Glen's demo work is described here.
IMG_2245.JPG (232.62 KiB) Viewed 31 times
BONUS: COMPARISON OF CAPITOL RECORDS SLEEVE & EMI HIGH-GLOSS SLEEVE FOR "GLEN CAMPBELL PORTRAIT",
A COMPILATION ALBUM WITH THE SAME PHOTO (BUT DIFFERENT TRACKS WITH SOME OF GLEN'S SIXTIES HITS):

IMG_2254.JPG
"Portrait" album on left was Made in Germany C 062-80 108
IMG_2254.JPG (154.47 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_2257.JPG
Made in Germany / Liner notes are in both German and English
IMG_2257.JPG (256.44 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Note: The new CD does not come with documentation confirming whether it was remastered. (I doubt it.--Dee)

Glen Campbell Forums received no remuneration for this post/photos.

arlw

Post by arlw » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 pm

I am still waiting for either piano/guitar chords for Jeff Dayton's "Long Slow Train Out of Town"

I also need the words and chords to his other track called "Fall Back in Love."

If anyone could assist, I would really appreciate this. These songs are from Jeff Dayton's Tribute CD to Glen called, "The Glen Connection." Fabulous CD and very talented man...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Recently in this topic, we were chatting about the new "Best of Glen Campbell" DVD imported from Australia. It didn't appear to be legit.

However, good news, Glen Campbell fans! arlw sleuthed this DVD and here is her update, posted for y'all:

Got this DVD we spoke about----AWESOME and it’s not a bootleg….I would go ahead and buy this if you can!!

The Best of Glen Campbell – This is an imported DVD from Australia and it contains 46 Videos from overseas. It appears to have different takes of Glen from various time periods, but they are all captured on this DVD. And, they list the song that Glen sings with sub-titles, which show the original release and the latest version. Nice touch on their part. This is actually listed in “English, Stereo, PAL Format AND ALL REGIONS”.

It plays in Blu-Ray devises and also on the computer so it is Region Free! When you put in the DVD, it comes up “Elm Street Media 2011”, but the label on the case says “2017- Golden Lane Records/MVD Visual” - POSDVD32.

Picture disc DVD of Glen and on the bottom of the DVD, it is written, “Manufactured and Distributed by Universal Music, Australia Pty Limited, Made in Australia.” Great selection of tracks and artists. “Possum DVD Video.” (0-602567-446583). Terrific imported DVD from Australia. They covered it all! -ar

The images of the DVD case, front and back with the tracks, are posted in this same thread. Here's the short-cut to save you time from scrolling:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23&start=10#p8035

Thank you, ar! Your update is tremendous news!

dee2

Post by dee2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:58 pm

jay, would you be able to obtain the chord sheet requested by arlw? (prior post)

arlw

Post by arlw » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Need some help on one of Jeff Dayton's songs that he did for Glen.....I have the words to this track:
"Long Slow Train Out of Town"-----does anyone have the chords for either piano or guitar???? Thanks.

arlw

Post by arlw » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Too Late To Worry CD arrived today. The front is the same as the LP. The housing section for the CD is also correct and nicely done. The CD itself is green with blue and yellow writing. The CD is made in the EU-Grey Scale Company. Weird part of this is, the back where they list the tracks--picture of Glen is nice, but doesn't match the time frame!! Haven't listened to this yet but one would think it's not re-mastered either.....Nice job overall by Grey Scale.

arlw

Post by arlw » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Heard from Amazon today--the latest release of Glen, "Too Late To Worry, Too Blue To Cry" CD has been shipped! My copy is due to arrive tomorrow. Hope you all get yours as well.

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Just listened to this CD Dee....This is one of Glen's shortest recorded LP's/CD!!! It is NOT REMASTERED. The CD has some scratch type noises in between the tracks and a faint noise within the recording itself. All signs lead to the original recording.

For those that ordered this, the track that Amazon lists of "Greensleeves" is incorrect. The one listed on this CD from England which is "Green, Green" is correct. I also did a search on MY LP's from all over the world and there are quite a few, from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and about 20 other places--they ALL SHOW "Green, Green" as one of the recorded tracks, so this one from England has the correct information. Sure hope this helps! :D

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 pm

I haven't had time to listen to the CD yet to answer the question of being re-mastered or not, but in answer to the other question Dee, "Green, Green" was a hit song in 1963 for The New Christy Minstrels. Timeline seems correct...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi Ar!

Thank you -- I will add "Made in England" to Greyscale in my tracking, too. Curious!

"Green, Green" it is. The LP and CD match up.
Wasn't this song a hit for The New Christy Minstrels?

Can you tell if this CD was remastered?
I can't "hear" it, if it was remastered, by listening to the CD with computer speakers. Will try later using the stereo system.
Also, I may be hearing the tiniest bit of spinning-vinyl surface noise between tracks! ??
The drums on La Bamba are very distinct.

Dee