Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Randy

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Randy »

Tanya had an impressive string of awards and hit records in the mid to late 80s to the mid 90s. Think on a CMT show they had her at number 20 all time female country artist.I would put her top 5 personally. Two sparrows in a hurricane has over 3 million YT views , so no I wouldn't consider her a one hit singer.

Dee

Post by Dee »

For the most part, wasn't TT a one hit song singer (Delta Dawn) similar to Debby Boone (You Light Up My Life)?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Tanya certainly has a distinctive voice. Too many singers, male and female, are too similar in their sound to allow them to stand out from the crowd but Tanya was always easy to recognise.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Agreed Cowpoke, I rank her right up there at the top also.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I am glad to see that Tanya Tucker is touring again after a long hiatus. She's one of the best female country singers ever imho.
Here's a nice review of a recent concert.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... ss_co.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She has now one Glen Campbell song in her setlist... By the time I get to Phoenix!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Randy. That's a great version. Hope we will be hearing more from this sister/brother duo!

Randy

Post by Randy »

Be surprised if ev1 doesn't enjoy this one....Also I clicked on their channel and watched a great cover of "In the Ghetto" and some awesome guitar playing by the 12 year old young man. Hope u like it!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A Candid Conversation With Kim Campbell On The Rhinestone Cowboy, Alzheimer's And Living Life As A Caregiver

Angel Duncan
Clinician, Art Therapist, Researcher, Art and Science Enthusiastic

Sad but interesting interview which gives some more insight in Glen's condition.
Kim said, "he's always loved colors; one time he took out his black cowboy hat and tied a red ribbon around it. Now, he loves bright colors and having brightly colored shoelaces. If he sees someone without bright shoelaces, he'll want to give them his."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/angel-dun ... 83798.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Jeff Dayton's "Salute to Glen Campbell" shows

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]

Jeff Dayton's Salute to Glen Campbell 2016-gcf.jpg
Jeff Dayton's Salute to Glen Campbell 2016-gcf.jpg (118.73 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Arizona
March 5 • Soundbites Grill, Sedona, AZ
two shows • tickets at Sound Bites
March 6 • Presbyterian Church, Fountain Hills,
AZ • 7 pm • tickets at the church

Minnesota
April 1-2 • Chanhassen, MN Dinner Theater
one show per night; tickets at CDT

:arrow: Check Jeff Dayton's website for additional dates / venues to be announced: http://www.jeffdaytonmusic.com/Tour_Cal ... endar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Such a lot of great talent on that stage, Wonderful to see Carl still has it by the bag load.